Monday, October 16, 2006

Question from jp - Seal of England

my school is putting on a production of The Prince and the Pauper, which is set during the end of Henry VIII's reign. I was looking for an image of the seal of England and didn't know if there was one for the Tudor house or just one for England that's been around forever-- any help?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will assume you are referring to The Great Seal, an instrument used to create a round wax attachment, also called a seal, for all official documents of state. The Great Seal changed with each monarch. For the seal of the reign of Henry VIII, see
That webpage has both a drawing of what the wax impression of the Great Seal looked like and a photograph of the resulting seal as it appeared attached to documents.